Hebrews 1:1-4 says that Jesus has a message for us saying, “God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds.”
When Jesus speaks we should listen. He is not only sent by God. He is God. Hebrews 1:8 reveals a declaration of the Father to Jesus saying, “But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.”
Isaiah 9:6 cites many titles to Jesus saying, “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” Yes, when the mighty God and everlasting Father speaks, you should listen.
What is Jesus’ message? Is His message for you? Read the following carefully to find out.
Why did Jesus come to earth with a message for us?
- Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
- Matthew 18:11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
- John 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
- John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
How do I get this life?
- John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Why should I believe Jesus?
- John 3:18, He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
- John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Does God really want to save me?
- John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
How long does this life from Jesus last?
- John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
- John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
What does Jesus want me to do?
- Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
When is the best time to believe in Christ to be saved?
- Second Corinthians 6:2 … behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.